Last summer, my family and I went to central California, to visit my dad’s side of the family. One night we visited this “Field of Light” art installation about forty-five minutes away from where we were staying, in Paso Robles. The creator of this art installation, Bruce Munro wanted to mix art and nature in a unique way. His vision came true, using light as an art form. He has created several other art installations using light in California. The one that we saw in Paso Robles is centered around the rolling hills and oak trees.


Earlier that day, before going to the art installation, we visited some vineyards and wineries in Paso Robles. We also stopped at this small, quaint ice cream shop and got milkshakes. It was over eighty-five degrees that day, so that night we weren’t prepared when the temperature dropped over twenty-five degrees. We didn’t have any jackets or blankets, and my sister and I were shivering, so we went to the car to look for something to keep us warm. The only thing that we could find were these 2 beach towels that we had just bought, which is what we’re wearing in the picture. Though we had these, we were still really cold. However, once we were in the event, this woman saw us, and gave my sister and I leggings, gloves, and hats. That woman was so kind, and it somehow restored my faith in humanity a little bit.


When we were finally inside the event, it was very beautiful. There were hundreds of people, lots of food, and it was lit up by every kind of light imaginable. There was a man playing the guitar, and this beautiful music set a set a really nice mood for the event. Once the sun was setting, we walked down a long path through the multi-colored lights, and it was absolutely breathtaking. The lights became even more beautiful as the sun went down and it got darker outside.


This was one of the most beautiful experiences that I’ve ever had. I had seen the lights in pictures beforehand, but the lenses of a camera couldn’t capture the beauty of the whole experience. If you’re ever in central California, I definitely recommend going to see the “Field of Light” art installation. It’s definitely worth it.








Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty! Its amazing how the artist was able to mix art and nature so beautifully. I personally have never gone to California but I've heard of the Field of Lights and have always wanted to go see it. It's also nice how you got to have a great experience with the people there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This picture is gorgeous!! I love the details you included about the day! Im also really glad your faith in humanity is slightly restored. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Field of Light sounds beautiful! I really like some of the adjectives you use in your writing. They give a very vivid image to your writing, which is amazing. I'm really glad you got to enjoy such a special evening with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I first saw the picture, I thought you visited a field of glow-in-the-dark flowers. The picture is really cool (especially because it's dark outside). I like your description of the whole experience -- I could really visualize it. Next time I go to California, I'm going to visit this place.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Comet" with a more wholesome ending